Mothers

Posted by Netta

Linda Cook - the best Nana in the whole world. She has loved my girls and cradled them when they were sick, played in the kiddie pool with them because they didn't want to get in the water with out her, fixed mac and cheese and broccoli with her eyes closed, made "porridge" when their tummies where sick, had tea parties, and most of all accepted them for the people they are.LaVerta Garrett -- the best Nenaw in the world. She has loved, hugged, rocked, sang, taught music, been silly, swam, took them on gator rides, golf cart rides, tried to feed them even when they weren't hungry, picked them up after school and took them to the farm to play in the barn loft, taught them about mustard greens and pocket knives, corn shucking, green bean picking and shelling..... and loved them like no other Nenaw in the world could.


These women have been a great influence in my life and I am so blessed to have known them. They have taught me much about being a daughter, daughter - in - law, mom, and wife. I know they have lifted me up in prayer many, many times as well as my little family. I am so thankful for them -- I can not express enough. The following scripture comes to my mind when I think of them.
Proverbs 31:
23Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
Mama has moved on to a better place and I am thankful that I know that I will see her again. I am thankful for Linda and Mama's Christian testimonies!
Have a wonderful good day making precious memories with your Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    AMEN SISTER

  2. Unknown said...

    Thank you for sharing this!