Can you tell how busy I have been this summer? I have neglected Netta's Place in a big way!
I haven't taken many pictures, so I didn't have much to talk about however I want to talk about Alzheimer's Disease.
My family recently lost a blessed member from complications of Alzheimer's Disease. It is a terribly sad illness. You loose your loved gradually over time, while the shell remains.
You see his smile, but know that he has no earthly idea who you are and you are lucky when he at least knows you "belong" to him. You know he is fearful of what is going on, especially when he realizes as my dear uncle said " I have holes in my head and everything leaks out."
My tribute to my uncle : As my brother and cousin said at the service ...our uncle was always the same.... at work, at church, at home. He wasn't one person one place and a different person somewhere else.
How sweet when he talked about his daughter "My precious baby girl" or when he spoke of his sons "they are good men". "Me and Ruby are proud of our kids and grandkids" . One morning I read scripture with him and he wept as I read the words from Luke 2..... As tears dripped down his weathered face, he said "there is no more precious scripture than the birth of our Lord!"
I could go on and on, but the point is as Grover stated in the service "A mighty man has fallen". Not because he was famous, or wealthy, but because he trusted the Lord as his savior a long time ago and he lead his life always wanting to do His will.
How thankful I am to know that he is walking the streets of Glory, worshipping our Lord. And maybe, just maybe he has run in to Mama and they are rejoicing together!
Alzheimer's Disease ........................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand your pain. My dad's memory is failing. He went to the cleveland clinic in june and we have found out the medication he takes for his bladder (he had his prostate removed 3 years ago) is known for causing memory problems. They have since stopped all that medication and Mom seems to see an improvement. Thank you Jesus! Check out my latest 2 blogs! and subscribe to keep up with my events that are going to be going on this year...and pray for me!