Change

Posted by Netta

It has been a beautiful day on Needmore Acres. The leaves are beginning to fall as they change colors. Fall reminds me of change. I don't always like change. Those of you who know me know that to be true. I don't like changing jobs, houses, cars. I don't really like to think about my girls growing up and moving out and on with their lives. I know it is necessary and a good thing, but I don't have to like it. Our family has gone through change in the last couple of years - several of them. I don't like it. I will be the first to tell you that. I don't like any of it, but it is what it is and I have to adjust. My father told one of my sibs that I would have to adjust.... and that made me so mad!!!! but what kind of Christian would I be if I didn't adjust? I have been praying about my attitude as well as other family members regarding the latest change and He has touched hearts. Let us just say that I am trying to do what He has called me to do with a servant's heart. But down deep inside, I don't have to like it, do I? Of course I do....... so I am asking that you pray for me. I don't ask that very often -- I usually request prayer for my family members or our group as a whole. But I am asking for prayer for me. I know He is working in my heart, but I have to let go of bitterness. And if you know the Garretts (which I am a part of) we don't do that well.... Do we?

With my Mama, I tried to do what I needed and wanted to do during her illness that would leave me without regrets. I want to do that with the other parts of my life as well. Thanks so much for taking time to read my wanderings.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Melanie said...

    You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I don't like change either, but it is a part of life. I'm glad to hear that God is working in your heart and life.

  2. Anonymous said...

    Yes we are continually growing and God uses that as a teaching tool for us but we have to be receptive to what he is teaching..The bottom line is be still and know that he is God.All things work out.If we stop growing then there is something we need to change..

  3. Anonymous said...

    nana