Thanksgiving

Posted by Netta




I recently read an article about being thankful even for the "bad" things that happen in our lives. I thought...hmmmm that would be very difficult -- how do you do that? And then I realized------ I haven't had really bad things happen in my life. I have recently been aware of two families who have been faced with the loss of young (my age) people... so I don't really have any problems. Now before you jump up and say "Don't say that... you will make it happen" ... you know that is superstitious... however to some degree you are right. Once I heard a preacher say that if you aren't going through a hard time now, you have either just come out of one or getting ready to go in to one.... so with that being said, I suppose then you would be correct. It is going to happen to us at one point or another. Now let me back up and say that I HAVE had difficult times in my life. Probably one of the most difficult was the illness of my Mama. Her home-going was glorious and it was NOT a bad time. The bad time following Mama's home-going was my selfish desire to have her here with us, but I am oh - so -thankful she is Home.

I am thankful for:
* my salvation
*being raised in a Christian home
*my husband and sweet children
*my in-laws --> no joking!!!!
*my church family
*my job
*my home and all of the creature comforts
**my brothers and sister-- hence the picture.

Have a great weekend.

)

1 comments:

  1. Melanie said...

    Great family pictures! Yes, I am doing a lot of eating. You should see all of the desserts that Nana made. She has made a bunch of other foods too, but the sweets is my down fall. I am sitting here eating some right now!