Caitlyn's Hospital experience

Posted by Netta


On Friday morning around 2:30 am Caitlyn woke her Daddy up to tell him she was sick. She had nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea with headache and chills. He gave her some transdermal (goes on top of the skin behind her ear... it is really great) phenergan we had from a previous illness that Carmen had, but it wasn't even a full dose, and she continued with the vomiting and diarrhea. I was at work and for reasons that remain best left unsaid she did not come to where I worked to be seen by the doctor. When I got home I tried to give her some Phenergan by mouth. For those of you who don't know, phenergan is used to stop vomiting... but as soon as it hit her stomach with very little water, she began vomiting again. She was quite pitiful :( She did see her doctor Friday morning at 10:15 and guess what????? She was dehydrated........so we received fluids at the hospital for the day. I had hoped that she would be doing much better, but by 4pm I had to call work and tell them I couldn't be there.... You should have seen her face when I told her that I wasn't going to work.... it almost broke my heart... she really thought I would leave her and go to work ...................
We are finally home and she is sleeping from the phenergan shot they gave her.
By the way.... for those of you who may not know.... If someone needs to give you a shot of phenergan, make sure they give it to you in you hip.... do NOT let them give it to you in your arm. Some one who has not been a nurse very long may try to give it in your arm, but that muscle is not big enough for you to get it there... it will cause redness, pain, swelling, etc. That is just an FYI...... don't ask me why I felt the need to share that with you.
You guys please remember Caitlyn in your prayers... This is the second virus she has had since school started... less than one month. She is scheduled to march with the Glasgow Scottie Band on Saturday, but I don't know if she will be able to do so.

Have a happy Labor Day weekend.

Thanks for your prayers, and I will be praying for you as well.

3 comments:

  1. Melanie said...

    Please let me know next time. Is there anything I can do? Get better soon Caitlyn.

  2. Anonymous said...

    aaawww come on i you know the lil one like everybody and everyone but virus arent the kind of stuff youre supose to welcome -.- close them the door and dont let them come in ..... unless ya canadian then you let them come in then eat them before they eat you !!! candian way are the best ;) arent I sooooo great for being one lol

    Hope ya get better and take care !

  3. (:M3GAN:: said...

    I hope you get better kitty!!!

    I know what it is... you were scared about marching in the band tonight that you get sick and now you're wanting to go back.. lol...

    i'm joking... i'm going tonight and i'll see if they will let me take your place (that would be a death wish) lol =P lol...

    just take care of your self kitty adn get better soon.. i'm praying for ya girl!!

    Love ya like a sis.!