Today was the first day of school for the girls. Carmen is a senior and Caitlyn is a Freshman. This morning we took Emily with us to drop the girls off. She hung out with me for about an hour this morning while Chris took Montana to his first day of Kindergarten. Before the girls got out of the car, we prayed for their days that they would be safe, be a good friend, and a good Christian witness to their friends and peers. The girls departed while their Mama quietly shed a few tears. When we arrived home, Chris and Diane were waiting for us. After Emily removed her seat belt, she said "Wait, wait... we have to pray." So we prayed for her day and her safety and for Montana. And I thanked God for them both and the blessings they are to our whole family. She said "Amen!! "
These pictures are at the end of the day. The first words out of Caitlyn's mouth when she arrived to my car " I want to go home, and call my Mommy." She said she hated high school, but did not have any real reason why.... please pray that it gets better for her. Carmen took it all in stride with her smiling face.
What a day! We will pray that Caitlyn will get a better outlook on high school.
Watch in a couple of weeks Caitlyn will be in the main swing of things and lovin' it. Have Faith like I know you do.
Also wanted to let you know I am running a Senior Shoot special for the month of August. NO SITTING FEES. (that's a $50 savings) so if you want to see if Carmen wants to come up by the house one afternoon I would love to take some pictures of her for you. I have printed a few of Megan's and she is handing them out. I will make sure she saves one for Carmen.