Carmen

Posted by Netta


My sweet baby girl has been busy of late. She is working, going to school, and trying to get ready to apply for some scholarships. This has been lots of work. Today she is at Lindsey Wilson for an interview for the Begley Scholarship. The 3 people who win this scholarship get a 4 year free ride..... room, board, tuition. They will have to provide books. Carmen had to write a paper that states what she would do if she were Obama and taking office at this time. She really struggled over this paper, but then chose to write about healthcare.
Yesterday we went to Western to tour the school. She also has another paper she has to write that is to be mailed by early March (I don't know the date). She is applying for the PEPP Scholarship at Lexington. There is a 6 week coarse she can take that is for people who think they want to be dentists or doctors. You get to go to cadaver lab, labor and delivery, children's hospital, surgery, and there are several lectures you get to hear. This is not for any college credit, but it kinda lets you know what you are in for.
Carmen is such a bright young woman and I know she can be anything that she wants to be. She told me last night that she is praying that she will be able to accept the Lord's Will in all of this if it isn't what she wants. How cool is that?
Please help me pray for her. Do you realize that potentially she will meet the man the Lord has for her in the next couple of years.................. whew........that makes me wanna barf..... sorry.... TMI, huh?
For those of you who sent prayer requests please know that I am praying for your needs daily.
Hope you have a restful weekend.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Oh my word! I feel old knowing that you have a daughter getting ready for college. I will pray for her to keep her faith in the Lord. I will pray that you and Pete do not have a breakdown when she goes off to college (lol)!!!
    You are blessed to have such a wonderful family. Miss you! Laura Jane