Hurting People

Posted by Netta

It has been an interesting week for us. It has brought to the forefront in my mind that there are hurting people all around us. Sin has caused a torrent of pain and suffering .... for individuals and their families and people that them. My extended family is experiencing again "rough waters" for a couple of the members and a friend is wading the same "waters". I go back to a sermon that our pastor preached that said we understand people when they experience the same temptation as we do, but we don't understand and are often judgemental when the sin is something we don't "get".

That being said............. why can't we do what is right when we know what that is? We all do it.... go ahead 'fess up to yourself and God..... we all do it.... some to a greater extent than others........
temptation to eat the 14th piece of chocolate, not reading our Bibles, hanging with people who do NOT encourage us and in fact drag us down....... Drugs, Sex, Alcohol don't mix........

My friend, for example......... why could she not come talk with me? What about me made her feel she couldn't? Did she think I would be judgemental?????

My family members.....could they not stop acting like "durn idiots"? do they not realize the children are going to suffer? I want to scream "Why????" but I know the answer..............SIN.......and our selfish natures.........

Please help me pray for these people...............and God, please help us show mercy and compassion where it is needed.............and tough love as well.

And if you ask my children about the topics of conversation at our house this week, the most likely will blush and say "You might wanna ask Mama." Because we have TALKED.

Praying at the Cook house. If you have a confidential prayer request, please feel free to email me................ lanootie@glasgow-ky.com

1 comments:

  1. Melanie said...

    I am with you. Thanks for being available for me to come to. If you asked the kids in Patch club last night they would tell you that Mrs. Melanie "talked" to them as well!! The kids look at my some times and wonder why I am some times hard on them. It is because I am trying to save them from so much heartache. We will continue praying for everyone.