It has been an interesting weekend, by the way. As usual, we were running in at least 3 directions. Because Bald Man works EVERY weekend (don't get me started on why his work place could not let them work every other like we do at the hospital) he wanted to rest Saturday morning. Carmen's car tire had a nail in it that required -at least -plugging. I asked her to be up and ready so we could be at the local Large Discount Store - everything you need store Car thingy so we could get that taken care of. Upon much discussion about how she had to work on Saturday (she has to be there at 9) and she wanted to sleep a little bit, she decided that if she could drive a car with out paying for the said car, insurance or gasoline, she might ought to head on out to the previously mentioned car thingy store as asked. Wasn't that sweet of her? Whew.... anyway of course we didn't get there until 8am. She goes in and tells the little Car thingy woman what she needs. Said woman says after looking at the tire "oh we can't plug that - we have to do a whole new tire because the nail is too close to the side wall".... well PUDDING. What do I know about buying tires, right? I finally choose a tire and then tell her that Carmen is wasting away from hunger, so we would be right back. I took my car for back-up, you see. I knew she would need it to get to work. As we were pulling back in to the parking lot we see her car in one of the bay things and the little boy was taking off THE WRONG TIRE!
Carmen says "Oh Mama, surely not...." I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and tell her maybe they have to rotate the back tires or something.... ok, let's face it...........what do I know? Anyway, I wind up sending her on to work in my car and I wait, not so patiently, for hers. When the Car thingy woman says "Cook, your car is ready" I walk up to the counter and she hands me the receipt... and I say "I need to verify that the DRIVERS SIDE rear tire is the one that was changed." She looked at me like I had grown 2 heads while standing there and said "OF course. That is what I wrote here....mmmm.... well, they have on this receipt that it was passenger. mmm Let me go check" and up on her return guess what she said? You are so astute... yep... wrong tire..... "It will be just a few more minutes" she said and quickly turned away. By now I am seething.... and I know... it isn't very nice of me, but I have things to do, you know? Besides I haven't slept all night and have to go home to bed because I have to be at work at 5 pm. I waited for 45 MINUTES for that tire.... and they took it right back in to the bay... so what took so long???? Did it reproduce while it was back there, or what? When the car thingy woman came back to the counter and said "Cook, your car is ready" I had to ask... I just knew that I would go home with the nailed tire on the opposite side of the car.... it is logical, don't you think? She was offended when I said "I need to verify that the new tire is on the driver's side passenger tire and the ORIGINAL tire is on the passenger side rear". I can't help it.... IF it can go wrong..... It was ok and I drove from the parking lot to Carmen's workplace and traded cars. I realized I was almost out of gas so I called Bald Man at home who was preparing to take Caitlyn to school to get ready for competition over at Caverna. I ask him to take my debit card and fill my gas tank up so I can take a nap. He so kindly said he would be glad to do that for me. I arrive home, give Bald Man my card and ask him to put it in my wallet when he gets back and I head for the shower and bed. Whew...... it is over, right? WRONG.... to make the story longer.... HE LOST THE DEBIT CARD after getting gas. Did you get that? HE LOST THE CARD!!!!!! OK, remain calm..... NOT...... I didn't respond well to this, you see. He called and had a hold put on the card... he had no idea what happened to it..... NO IDEA........ I was not a good person..... I really wasn't....... To try to finish the story quickly because I know you are tired of reading...... some nice man found the card up on the square here in town and took it to a police officer. Was that not the nicest thing you have ever heard of? Sunday evening while at work I received a phone call from a friend of mine to tell me what had happened and where it was. As far as I can tell, no one attempted to use it.... Whew.................... and Bald Man even told me he was sorry. The perfect ending to a really rotten, busy weekend..... and I didn't even get to go hear the band perform....................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We need to trade stories. It was a LOOOONNNNGGG week for me as well!
hilarious :P love hearing yhe news form the blog gotta admit musnt be fun to have all that happen in a row .^^
some canadian that feel like a small ball since they packked me in a 2 and a half feet square , cube ,pit or whatever for over 3 hour
Don't know where you got that tire but DONT go there again!
I think I need to call your boss and tell them you need at least 2 weeks off with pay so you can recover from this particular weekend. I am glad all things worked out for you in the end. God was watching over your lady!
In case you're wondering I am anonymous2 down there or up there...I hit the enter button by accident before getting my named typed in. so sorry;-)