Johnny

Posted by Netta

I am at the hospital using their public computer in the ICU waiting room. Johnny is doing well. His hernia was certainly a concern, but he had lots of scar tissue that had encircled the bowel. Doc worked really hard and long to disentangle and clean up stuff. He is in ICU overnight at least. He has a tube down his nose that he hates really bad. His CPAP is irritating the tube and causing pain to his nose. If all goes well, they will take the tube out Saturday. When I went in to see him, I was so relieved that I had tears running down my face. When I touched his hand he looked up at me - in his drug-induced haze~ and said "Why are you crying?" I said "Because you scared me to death and seeing you and how well you are doing has made me feel better". Do you know what he did? He started patting my hand and then he put it up to his lips and kissed it. Now what do you think of that? He is the one sick in the bed, but he is trying to comfort me.
Thanks so much for your prayers and I will post more another time. Soon I will take a picture of the recovered Johnny!

1 comments:

  1. Melanie said...

    How sweet. We'll keep praying.